Thursday, May 23, 2013

Random wildlife photographs

I caught another horned lizard

Smile!

I love their dorsal patterning



Orange Mallow


Lupine, looks a lot like bluebonnets



Mountain lion poop in the area

Bull elk! He was huge!



Leopard lily, my favorite!




3 comments:

  1. Those leopard Lillie's are BEAUTIFUL! The patterns on their petals are outstanding! Are they common around the area? It also looks like their are a lot of blue bonnets there too. We have a few here in Austin.
    Why in the world did you take a picture a mountain lion poop? Now that you put it on your blog, I have to comment about it which I really have nothing to say about it. The picture says it all. But here's the best thing I have to say... That lion has some seriously big poop.

    -Kaira

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW those Lilys are amazing! I thought you had promised your Ma you would stop catching snakes! But i guess if they are not poisonous its not that big of a deal and judging by your photographs your not running after snakes alone! Good point on not listening to music on your hikes, I've never understood why people do that any way, part of the experience is listening to the sounds of the wind, birds and lizards rustling in the grass.
    That reminds me! When i was in Singapore I had my eyes wide to spot a birds and hopefully get pictures for you but I only saw the same bird over and over. and I couldn't hear birds singing no matter how quite i was. Singapore is no place to visit for a nature lover :/

    ReplyDelete