Hello everybody,
It has been a while since I last posted on this blog but things are going to change!
I recently accepted a new position as a biological technican for greater sage-grouse research in Nevada. The research project will look at the impact of human development on sage-grouse habitat and behavior. I will be working on a wildlife capture crew and will be going out at night to spotlight, net and fit female sage-grouse with radio collars as well as conducting lek surveys during the mating season and monitor hen nesting and chick survival rate. I will start work mid-March through to late July- with a possibility of extension to track and radio collar male sage-grouse in the fall. This is my first field job outside of Texas and I am super excited about this new adventure! So check often to see updates about my new wildlife project.
Cheers,
TT
These are the birds I will be working with. I hope to see many of these guys on the booming grounds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9_72xLeF0
looking forward to some fresh pics!.
ReplyDelete