Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Does a bear shit in the woods?


Yes. And you might find yourself in the same predicament too! Here are some tips that I have learned if nature ever strikes you when you’re in the wild. 

1.  Everyone poops. Don’t be embarrassed. Just find yourself a nice isolated place to do your business.
2. Bring a shovel, TP and maybe some baby wipes (a camper’s best friend).
3. Dig an appropriately sized hole, perhaps next to a tree if there are ones around. Pick a good one! I prefer a decent sized juniper
4.  If you are on a mountainside, face downhill. It’s better to fall forward away from your hole then backwards into it… Also, secure your toilet paper, you do not want it to roll down the slope and unravel (this has happened to me- it sucks to roll it back up)
5. Handle your business sequentially! Go number one before you do number two.
6. Enjoy the view! You’re going to be there for a while anyways.
7. Bury the evidence. I also like to mark the spot with a large stone or stick to prevent accidental rediscovery.

(By the way, it totally sucks going when its 20 degrees outside.)

2 comments:

  1. The most important rule: Don't wipe with poison ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll Definetly use these tips when I need to use the bathroom in the wilderness. I think this advice will help a lot.
    Kaira

    ReplyDelete