Nothing is more accomplishing than building a campfire. Back at our camp, I am the leading person in charge of this task. We like to sit by the campfire before work to warm up and get ready for the night trappings. I've been using flint and steel- no matches or lighter fluid here! There is lots of kindling around the camp site and dead juniper branches. Since the climate here is very dry it is not too hard to start a fire but we are also very careful about high winds and flying embers.
 |
| Maintaining the fire |
NICE! The person that starts the fires is the most important member of a camping crew! Also only flint? I've been trying to do that for some time. At least now if you have to revert to cannibalism you know you're safe! Raw human would be gross!
ReplyDeleteFIRE KING.
ReplyDeleteare y'all allowed to forage the surrounding area for firewood?
ReplyDeleteI just got enough for kindling but probably not, shhh!
DeleteMan. You continue to be cooler than me.
ReplyDelete